This year’s theme is Be Bold for Change - a call to women to take action against gender inequality. Be Bold for Change is statement for humanity.
The small things matter. While not everyone will be able to join a solidarity march, or participate in an event or festival on March 8th, it is important to know that small acts can also make bold statements. Support each other, encourage girls towards success, be a mentor, and never stop aiming at that glass ceiling.
This year, we honor Juliette Gordon Low.
- She envisioned an organization that would prepare girls to meet their world with courage, confidence, and character.
- In 1912 Juliette was inspired by Sir Robert Baden-Powell, the founder of Boy Scouts, when she announced, "I've got something for the girls of Savannah, and all of America, and all the world, and we're going to start it tonight!"
- Affectionately known as “Daisy”, she gathered 18 girls in her hometown of Savannah, Georgia, to share what she had learned abroad about a new outdoor and educational program for youth.
- That small gathering of girls hosted over a century ago, has grown into a global movement in which all girls can see themselves reflected—and that today includes nearly 3 million girls in 92 countries and more than 59 million alumnae.
- In 2012, President Barack Obama awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian award in the United States, to Juliette Gordon Low for her “remarkable vision,” and “her dedication to empowering girls everywhere."
- Today, the organization partners with Google for “Made with Code,” a program encouraging girls to get an early start in computer science.
What’s It Like to Be a Girl in Today’s World? The State of Girls 2017: Emerging Truths and Troubling Trends. The State of Girls is the first research report to focus on the health and well-being of the 26 million girls in the United States. It is an insightful piece. Download The State of Girls 2017 (PDF)
HT Localization LLC is proud to be a Woman Owned Business. To celebrate HT Localization’s anniversary, we pledge our support to The Girl Scouts. Change the world… for all the mothers, sisters, daughters, aunts, wives, grandmothers, and also the men who love us. Invest in girls.
Join us in celebrating our anniversary by supporting the Girl Scouts.
Be Bold for Change.
… Stay tuned for the next Segment of HT Localization Presents Language Translations for Real Life Series…
To receive the new Language Translations for Real Life Series go to HT Localization Blog and subscribe via RSS or email.
This article was written by Rachanee Thevenet, Co-Founder of HT Localization. Rachanee is an Asian-American expat living in Spain with her family. She loves all things international including food, art, literature, culture, languages and people. She has years of professional product marketing expertise and global expansion experience.
HT Localization, LLC. is a worldwide translation & localization agency providing a full range of professional language translation services, including social media localization, marketing translations, website translations, software localization, eLearning materials, documentation translations, etc. With locations in the US, Spain, France, Zambia & Thailand, and coverage across all languages and most industries, HT Localization is well positioned to provide around the globe services for all translation needs.
If you like this segment please share now! Thanks